So, I took the plunge. I finally launched my YouTube channel. Now that I am 98% settled into my new house, I figured today would be a good day to film my first video. I didn’t film anything too intense, just a haul video of my latest ColourPop purchases. If you like this blog, like what I post and want to see live action tutorials, please subscribe to my channel. Here’s my first video below!
Have you heard of the deluxe makeup sample subscription service called Ipsy? I hadn’t until a few months ago when a former coworker from my banking days told me about it. To get started, you fill out a survey on ipsy.com about your preferences, skin, eye and hair color, and what brands you frequently buy and where you buy them from. Then, you pay $11 per month and get five deluxe samples. Each month has a theme, with the bag to match (you get to keep the bags, by the way).
I loved what came in my April glam bag, so when I was able to get a sneak peek of my May glam bag, I did. Here’s what I got:
- Slmissglam contour brush. I don’t normally contour, but this brush is great for adding a thin line of blush to your cheeks.
- Smashbox x-rated mascara. I am finishing up my They’re Real mascara by Benefit right now, so when that’s done I’m excited to try this Smashbox mascara. I’ve heard great things about it.
- Hanalei lip treatment. I am always looking for a product to keep my lips hydrated. Excited to try this Hawaiian product.
- Eva NYC hungry hair oil treatment. I don’t normally like to put oil-based product in my hair as my hair can get pretty oily, but I am looking to grow out my hair even longer, so I’ll give this a try.
- Hikari Cosmetics shimmer bronzer. Just like contouring, I don’t really bronze, but maybe I should start. I am digging the shimmer in this palette.
I have been thoroughly pleased with my first two glam bags and can’t wait for my June bag. If you’re interested in trying out ipsy, click here.
I know, I know. As you can tell, I’m a little obsessed with Too Faced products. But since I won’t be purchasing any more makeup until my next paycheck, I wanted to share my latest haul with you all (haha, that rhymed!).
Love Blush in Your Love is King
Candlelight Glow highlighting powder duo in Rose Glow
Absolutely Flawless concealer
Hangover Rx primer sample
I tried the blush and highlighter this morning, but I don’t know how I feel about it yet. Love the colors in both, but I think I need a better blush brush and highlighter brush to get the complete look.
What are your favorite Too Faced products? I’d love to know.