Hi loves! I know it has been a while since I posted on here and I am so sorry about that! My new job has been my priority the last few months, but now I’m back in full swing. I am kicking 2017 off with my first-ever makeup tutorial! I tried really hard to get this to work properly, but did run into some technical difficulties. That’s okay, though, because it’s all a learning experience, right? This tutorial features almost all Too Faced products and I’ve written about this look before in my Natural Glow Party Look post. I hope you enjoy the video and please subscribe to my channel!
Tag: easy makeup looks
Makeup Revolution and ColourPop
Now that I have my office/vanity room set up, I’ve been able to organize everything so it’s super accessible. Over the weekend I had to venture out for lunch in San Francisco and decided to play around with my new Makeup Revolution Affirmation palette. Super affordable, the colors are quite pigmented and who doesn’t love 32 shadows for $15. The look pictured below includes the affirmation palette, as well as ColourPop’s liquid matte lipstick in the color Trap. Read below to see how I got this look. If you’ve created a similar look, please let me know! I’d love to see it.
- Hangover primer by Too Faced
- Born This Way foundation in the color Warm Nude by Too Faced
- Born This Way concealer in the color Light by Too Faced (placed under the eyes, forehead, bridge of nose, cupid’s bow, chin and laugh lines)
- Primed & Poreless loose powder by Too Faced (placed wherever concealer was applied)
- Cocoa Powder Foundation in the color Light/Medium by Too Faced (stippled on and then blended out)
- Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil in the color 04 Medium by Benefit Cosmetics
- Cocoa Contour palette by Too Faced
- Sweetheart Blush in Something About Berry by Too Faced
- Candlelight Glow highlight in the color Warm Glow by Too Faced
- Eyeshadow Primer Potion by Urban Decay (placed on lid up to brow bone)
- Affirmation Eyeshadow palette by Makeup Revolution (see image for step-by-step placement of color)
- Using a clean eyeshadow brush, place color A on lid up to brow bone.
- Using a clean blending brush, place color B in the crease, blending in windshield wiper motions. Blend color B into the outer “V” of the eye, placing a little on the outer corner of the eyelid.
- Using the same eyeshadow brush you used to apply color A, apply color C on the eyelid, covering any empty spots with color C. Apply color C on inner corners.
- If necessary, apply color B into the crease again to deepen the color.
- Using a clean fluffy blending brush, blend crease out so lines aren’t as harsh.
- Using either a clean eyeshadow brush or an eyeliner brush, apply color D to brow bone (under eyebrow) to highlight.
- Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in the color jet black by Bobbi Brown
- They’re Real mascara by Benefit Cosmetics
- Lippie Stix Primer by ColourPop
- Ultra Matte Lip in the color Trap by ColourPop
- Melted Matte Liquified Lipstick in the color Miso Pretty by Too Faced (applied a few dots over Trap by ColourPop and blended to lighten the color a bit)
- All-Nighter Setting Spray by Urban Decay
MOTD: Out-The-Door Look
Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week. As for me, my body is fighting off some kind of stress cold, I think, so I haven’t done a full face of makeup since last weekend, but wanted to share this out-the-door look with you. I’m sure you’ve seen similar photos on my Instagram about it since I tend to do this makeup every day, but I wanted to share it with you in case you need a quick makeup look for the day. I’d say this look takes me about 15-20 minutes to do, maybe a little less. This look mainly consists of foundation, blush, eyeliner on the waterline, blush, highlighter and lipstick. No eyeshadow, mascara or liquid eyeliner. 🙂
- Hangover Primer by Too Faced
- Born This Way foundation in Warm Nude by Too Faced
- Absolutely Flawless concealer in Light by Too Faced
- Primed & Poreless loose powder by Too Faced (place this wherever you applied concealer)
- 24/7 Pencil Eyeliner in Perversion (black) by Urban Decay
- Cocoa Powder foundation in Light/Medium by Too Faced (I put this on to set my liquid foundation and to give my skin an HD look)
- Smashbox Blush Rush in Passion
- Candlelight Glow highlighter in Warm Glow by Too Faced
- Urban Decay All-Nighter setting spray
- Lip Insurance lip primer with a matte finish by Too Faced
- Perfect Lips Liner in perfect nude by Too Faced
- Melted Matte liquified lipstick in child star by Too Faced
That’s the look! I apply my foundation with a beauty blender so I’m not using my hands, and then I apply my concealer with a brush and then go back with the beauty blender to make it look more natural. I tend to apply foundation and the blended concealer on my eyelids and brow bone to hide the redness. As you can see by the photo, no hardcore eye makeup!
Do you have an out-the-door look? Let me know in the comments.