Have you heard of the deluxe makeup sample subscription service called Ipsy? I hadn’t until a few months ago when a former coworker from my banking days told me about it. To get started, you fill out a survey on ipsy.com about your preferences, skin, eye and hair color, and what brands you frequently buy and where you buy them from. Then, you pay $11 per month and get five deluxe samples. Each month has a theme, with the bag to match (you get to keep the bags, by the way).
I loved what came in my April glam bag, so when I was able to get a sneak peek of my May glam bag, I did. Here’s what I got:
- Slmissglam contour brush. I don’t normally contour, but this brush is great for adding a thin line of blush to your cheeks.
- Smashbox x-rated mascara. I am finishing up my They’re Real mascara by Benefit right now, so when that’s done I’m excited to try this Smashbox mascara. I’ve heard great things about it.
- Hanalei lip treatment. I am always looking for a product to keep my lips hydrated. Excited to try this Hawaiian product.
- Eva NYC hungry hair oil treatment. I don’t normally like to put oil-based product in my hair as my hair can get pretty oily, but I am looking to grow out my hair even longer, so I’ll give this a try.
- Hikari Cosmetics shimmer bronzer. Just like contouring, I don’t really bronze, but maybe I should start. I am digging the shimmer in this palette.
I have been thoroughly pleased with my first two glam bags and can’t wait for my June bag. If you’re interested in trying out ipsy, click here.